Invisalign vs. Traditional Braces
If you are thinking about straightening your teeth, chances are you will end up deciding between Invisalign and traditional metal braces. Both Invisalign and metal braces are designed to straighten your teeth and improve your smile. Even though both systems help you achieve the same goal, there are certain differences between them. In this post your Calgary Invisalign specialist – Drosu Dental is going to look at the pros and cons of wearing Invisalign and metal braces.
Traditional braces feature small metal brackets that are bonded to each tooth. They are tied together by wires and tiny rubber bands.
A lot of people who want to straighten their teeth never go through with treatment because they do not like the way traditional braces look. Invisalign provides a great alternative to traditional metal braces. The system was first introduced in 1999 and has helped thousands of patients to straighten their teeth and enhance their smile. A series of thin, plastic aligners are used to gently move teeth to the desired position. The trays are made of BPA-free plastic and are almost virtually invisible! Invisalign can fix a wide range of problems such as crooked, crowded or gaped teeth, jaw problems, and more!
Invisalign system is virtually almost invisible
- You can remove the device whenever you want. The aligners can be removed for up to 4 hours a day
- You do not have to worry about food getting caught in the wires
- Plastic aligners are smooth, comfortable to wear and will not irritate your gums
- The system can fix a wide array of problems
- Must be removed before eating and drinking to avoid stains
- You have to brush your teeth after consuming food
Invisalign clear braces is not only suitable for adults but can also be used to straighten teeth of your children. Here are 10 things to know about Invisalign Teen®