Everything you Need to Know about Invisalign®
The Invisalign system offers a great alternative to traditional braces. These days cosmetic dentistry is more popular than ever and Invisalign is a great way how to straighten your teeth, enhance your smile and improve your overall oral health. The Invisalign® system was first introduced in 1999 and it has helped thousands of patients to straighten their teeth and achieve a beautiful smile.
How does the Invisalign® system work?
Invisalign as the name indicates is designed to be invisible. The system uses a series of plastic aligners that gently move teeth to their desired position. Unlike wire braces, these plastic trays are thin, transparent, and almost invisible when being worn.
Drosu Dental is a Calgary Invisalign provider that offers a free complementary consultation to discuss your goals and options.
The whole treatment process is very simple and straightforward. It starts with a complementary consultation to determine whether or not you are a suitable candidate for Invisalign® and a custom treatment plan is created for you. The cosmetic dentist or orthodontist will take x-rays and impressions of your teeth to create a 3-D image so a custom made aligners can be made for you. A number of progressive plastic aligners will be fabricated and you will switch them approximately every 2 weeks. There are no health risks associated with using Invisalign® system. Moreover, the system does not only straighten your teeth but it can also fix the jaw problems.
Invisalign® Pros and Cons
- The aligners are almost invisible and comfortable to wear
- The Invisalign system is removable and must be worn 20 – 22 hours a day
- You can (must remove) them while drinking or eating so no food will get caugt in the wires
- No need to worry about wires irritating your gums
- Not all patients are suitable candidates for Invisalign
- Usually more expensive than braces
- Must be removed before consuming food or drinking anything except clear water